Tuesday 23 October 2012

UNDERCOVER: POWERTONE STUDIO



When I think of power plates I think of burning and sweating to hard core music. Quite often being shouted at (in an encouraging way) to keep going and trying really hard to enjoy the burn comes to mind too. Powertone studio is far from that image. Don't get me wrong, I did feel the burn, it was just in a far calmer environment!


              
                       

The studio is a quick walk from Moorgate station in a block full of physio and sports related offices. The studio itself is a tranquil place on the top floor so you get a good warm up just making your way there! It has 4 machines so the classes are nice and small and I could tell that everyone in my class and the classes before and after were regulars because they had a really laid back feel.  

                    




The class itself was quite intense but set to quiet music so you could actually hear the instructor and concentrate on what he was telling us to focus on as well as the burn. Weirdly enough it was quite relaxing too although I was burning and sweating it really helped me unwind after work. It was unlike any power plate class I've done before because although a lot of the exercises were the same as other class I've previously taken and just as intense something about the atmosphere made the burn much easier to handle so minute exercises were flying by. 





All the instructors are personal trainers and so are great at giving specific exercises to different clients in class to target specific areas/help you reach your goals. I happen to take a class taught by one of the owners so I can confidently say it is a fun and friendly studio that cares about its clients, you don't feel like another faceless customer. There are studios all round London and the first class is free so if you want to check out the studio and see what I mean by a relaxed, intense power plate class then you have no excuses (apart from the City studio being shut at weekends.)





Best bit... the atmosphere
Worst bit... walking up all of the stairs
Good for... glutes, abs, arms, thighs

No comments:

Post a Comment