Thursday 11 October 2012

UNDERCOVER: PEDAL STUDIO

The Fitness Freak team know about all new studio openings in London. They’re just on the ball like that which works well for me as I’m the one that gets to check them all out. I was fortunate to be sent along to the brand new spinning studio in Wimbledon on a Friday morning for a very special class with Jennifer Sage, a world renowned Spinning instructor who had come over from Colorado especially for the studio launch day. Yes it was an early morning but with a rep like she has I just had to drag my butt out of bed to be put through my paces. The class was very different to any ‘spin’ class I have done before. It is taught in a very specific way which credited to the ‘spinning’ format or teaching. No press ups or bouncing around on the bike, just cycling and working with the resistance dial. So I got a pretty full on intense leg burn throughout and I loved it!


Pedal Studio in Wimbledon is the second studio opening under the Pedal studio umbrella. A brilliant concept… spinning bikes in a room that you can book and ride 1 hour slots from 6am to 9pm every day. My favourite part about this whole concept is that you have the option to use a heart rate monitor and watch your heart rate on the screen throughout the class. You can also track your performance against other class participants, and I’m going to be honest this is where my competitive streak comes out. It’s great motivation. The studio is on the third floor of a fitness filled building in residential Wimbledon. When I say fitness-filled, I mean that there is also bikram yoga and reformer Pilates in the same room. What a great combo…


After this particular class, there was a lovely breakfast put on in the bikram yoga social area. It was a great chance to network, learn more about the class offerings and how the studio idea came about! I nearly forgot to mention that we left with a goodie bag! So all in all I had a fab, guilt-free start to the morning!


Best bit… Jennifer Sage, I now love her!
Worst bit… nothing!
Good for… fat burning and working yourself hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment