Thursday 9 August 2012

UNDERCOVER: Home Run

Running... love it or hate it, it's good for you. Improving overall fitness and a huge driver in weight loss... for me anyway!

You can imagine my excitement when Fitness Freak told me about a new initiative in London, Home Run! Free guided running tours after work hours to encourage Londoners to get off public transport and run home instead. Something I tell myself I'll do every other day but something always comes up... working late or a cocktail invitation, or I have a huge gym bag with me! So here's the best bit... they CARRY YOUR BAGS. One problem solved. I'll have to work at ignoring the cocktail invitations!



Home Run now have over 50 routes running all over London ranging between 2 and 6 miles. I decided to embark on the London Liverpool Street to Stratford run. I registered on their website the day before and turned up at the meeting point beside the station to be greeted by a friendly team in bright orange t-shirts. They took my bags and put them in the cycle box (there is a lovely girl that cycles all our bags to the end destination), checked me in, gave me a bright orange t-shirt to wear and gave us a brief health and safety overview. The good thing is, the group seperates in the run... and guided help is with each group so it doesn't matter if you're used to running marathons or not, as long as you are reasonably fit, and enjoy running, it's great. 



My run was 4.6miles. It was great. Easy going & social. I got to meet some new people and learn a new route home (incase one day, I do want to do it myself)! My bags were there waiting for me just outside Stratford station.

So instead of taking myself home via the tube to grab my workout kit, I will be getting fit by running home. Genius idea. Simple & fun. I'm a happy BB!

9/10

Best For: Getting fit without going to a gym
Worst Bit: Being heckled out by East London kids... I'll get over it!
Good For: A social way of exercising


No comments:

Post a Comment