Friday 27 July 2012

UNDERCOVER: Sport with Style!


Boutique Sport event in collaboration with Lulu Lemon and Barrecore in Chelsea!

When: Thursday July 5th 2012
Where: Chelsea, London
Time: 6.30pm to 8.30pm

Three great brands together, one event. I’m in heaven. If you haven’t already, sign up to the Boutique Sport e-mail alerts….they run free (and fun) events across London every couple of months for women. 
Once you’re on the list, they send you emails about their events. You RSVP to an invite, and hey presto, you’ve got a free class and a goodie bag to boot! So, I replaced my usual Thursday evening cocktail hour with a yoga class in Lulu Lemon’s Chelsea showroom.  There was a choice between that, run club & a Barrecore class.  I like to run solo, and the Barreworks class filled up vey quickly, but I was more than happy with a yoga class instead. Especially because it was with one of Lulu Lemon's brand ambassador, Mercedes Ngoh.

The class was lovely and could be very challenging if you wanted it to be (you know my competitive streak comes out, even when I’m chanting ‘om’).  The class was exactly what I needed after a tough day at work. If I’m honest, it was a little more crowded than I had hoped, but I guess you have to put up with that when you attend a free event.

After the 45min class, the run club and Barrecore groups joined us in the showroom for nibbles, Vita Coco, mingling & shopping. Unfortunately, I was too busy chatting away with everyone (and it was a pretty packed) so I didn’t actually get around to doing any shopping,  but I’m sure I’ll be lured back again soon. It was lovely to meet other fitness enthusiasts, experts and ladies that love exercise.  I tend to feel much more enthusiastic about getting in to an exercise session when I have good company.



The best part was, we all left with a fab goodie bag (you know I love those) which included: mascara, sports sister magazine, some very tasty chocolate covered seeds, and the best part above all… a yoga passport. What the hell is that, I hear you asking? Well, Lulu Lemon have partnered with the best yoga studios across London and are encouraging people to ‘get into yoga’. So for two weeks, during the Olympics, I have 10 FREE class passes! Excited much?!

Best Bit: The free event and free goodie bag!
Worst Bit: A bit over-crowded
Good for: Networking - Meeting a fab group of like-minded women.

1 comment: