Tuesday 18 September 2012

UNDERCOVER: TEMPO PILATES

Tempo Pilates is Pilates set to music. It's Covent Garden branch is in Gymbox and as I've said before Gymbox is like a night club and although TP is separate I was very excited about the whole Tempo Pilates experience!



In my mind I was expecting it to either be Pilates exercises and sequences choreographed to music, like a dance on a reformer bed (!), or Pilates exercises to booming music. It was a mixture of both. The songs are chosen to fit the exercises/pace and stage of the class. In the studio you don't hear the pumping music from Gymbox, just the great soundtrack. I love Pilates but I have to say some classes I come out feeling like I worked hard but not too intensely throughout. After this class I knew that I had worked every muscle in my body from the start. Within the first 15minutes I was shaking and I have to say it is a good job the music is there because it definitely helped me push through and enjoy it!



When I was booking the class online, before paying, I was taken to the deals page. I loved this as it meant that the class was only £10 as I was a first timer. Annoyingly I had to book a 45 minute class in order to fit it into my lunch break but I wanted more! The classes aren't divided into level but the teacher, Gina, adapted exercises for the beginners and more advanced people in the class. She also explained everything really clearly so the class still moved quickly. Lunch times tend to attract beginners apparently so if you're more advanced I'd head to a morning or evening class. However I felt the burn, got the shakes and definitely sweated so any class would work!


Best bit... feeling the burn to the music
Worst bit... wanted more! I should have booked an hour class
Good for...bums, thighs, arms, abs

No comments:

Post a Comment