Sunday 15 April 2012

UNDERCOVER: Weekend wake up call! Britannia leisure club

Christmas was wonderful…but fattening, and let’s not even think about the impact all the booze had on my liver. To make matters worse, I broke out of my usual exercise routine. And by that I mean, I just stopped doing any exercise at all, and invested my energy in to eating chocolate instead.
But 2012 is here, and I’ve resolved to be fitter and more fabulous by February. I started with a gentle (and by gentle, I mean pathetic) 3k run on the 3rd. But then it was time for my first class of 2012.

I went to Britannia Leisure Centre, in Hackney, just off New North Rd, and did a circuits class. And it hurt. In a good way! It’s a council gym, so it’s not as flash as the big chains, but the facilities are good, and it seemed clean and well-equipped. The class uses a step board and a weight bar, and is pretty fast moving. The routine centred around doing reps of moves involving your whole body…and lots of hopping about, and jigging up and down. It felt like a good strengthening workout as well as a cardio blast.

Half the class does one set of moves, while the other does something different, and then you switch. Not the best class if you’re not terribly well co-ordinated, although it was a nice group so I cant imagine you’d be sniggered at for getting it wrong. Finished off with some abs work, and I learnt a few new exercises that I could do at home.

CLASS : Saturday Morning Circuits
LOCATION : Britannia Leisure Centre
TIME: 10am

No comments:

Post a Comment